Accounting - There are currently no positions available.
Administration - There are currently no positions available.
Operations: - There are currently no positions available.
Recreation - Currently searching for part time on-ice instructors.
Part Time On Ice Instructors
Do you love to skate?
Does your passion lie in sharing your skating, figure skating or hockey knowledge with those willing & wanting to learn? Join our dynamic team of experienced, exciting instructors in delivering fun, safe, engaging Learn to Skate lessons!
Cardel Rec South is seeking enthusiastic, energetic individuals who have a passion for teaching skating to children, youth and adults in our community.
Cardel Rec South offers a variety of recreational Learn to Skate classes to teach fundamentals of skating, resulting in participants becoming active for life.
Duties for this position will include (not limited to):
- To create valuable lesson plans for safe, fun, engaging instruction of learn to skate lessons for participants aged 3-adult
- Ensure safety and encouragement for all participants
- Motivate students by providing a positive, safe and fun learning environment in our skating lessons
- Assess and evaluate participants’ skating skills and to write constructive progress cards.
- Communicate with parents on child’s development and progression in lessons
- Knowledge of skating instruction techniques and skill progressions
- Providing support to all team members as well as excellent customer service and communication skills
Hours of work (varied):
- Tuesday 4pm - 7pm
- Thursday 4pm - 7pm
- Saturday 9am - 12pm
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- Previous experience in teaching learn to skate programs is considered an asset
- A Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sectors valid within the last 6 months (or receipt as proof of request).
- Must demonstrate the ability to skate at the level required for instruction
- Incorporate and model the HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development in program delivery when instruction involves participants from the ages of 6 to 12 years of age
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $30.00 /hour